Huntington ParkHousing Element
About the Housing Element
The Housing Element is one of the State-mandated components of the City’s General Plan. It offers a comprehensive strategy for the City to accommodate sufficient housing at all income levels. The Housing Element has two main purposes:
- To provide an assessment of current and future housing needs for the next eight years.
- To establish housing goals, policies, and programs that address housing needs, reduce barriers to housing development, and ensure compliance with State legislation.
The Housing Element update must include the following:
- Community Needs Assessment: A complete analysis of the specific housing needs and an inventory of the resources and constraints relevant to addressing housing needs.
- Sites Inventory: An inventory of land suitable for residential development that could accommodate the City’s RHNA allocation.
- Constraints Analysis: An evaluation of governmental and nongovernmental barriers to housing production in Huntington Park.
- Goals, Policies, and Programs: Identification of specific policies and actions to implement the Housing Element.
Review Current Documents
Watch the video below to learn more about housing!