About the Housing Element
The Housing Element is one of the State-mandated components of the City’s General Plan. It offers a comprehensive strategy for the City to accommodate sufficient housing at all income levels. The Housing Element has two main purposes:
- To provide an assessment of current and future housing needs for the next eight years.
- To establish housing goals, policies, and programs that address housing needs, reduce barriers to housing development, and ensure compliance with State legislation.
The Housing Element update must include the following:
- Community Needs Assessment: A complete analysis of the specific housing needs and an inventory of the resources and constraints relevant to addressing housing needs.
- Sites Inventory: An inventory of land suitable for residential development that could accommodate the City’s RHNA allocation.
- Constraints Analysis: An evaluation of governmental and nongovernmental barriers to housing production in Huntington Park.
- Goals, Policies, and Programs: Identification of specific policies and actions to implement the Housing Element.
Review Current Documents
Please review the City of Huntington Park Draft Housing Element document below! Provide comments or questions regarding the Draft Housing Element to Ishah Ahumada, Project Manager (email@example.com) by September 22nd!
Watch the video below to learn more about housing!