About the Housing Element
The Housing Element is one of the State-mandated components of the City’s General Plan. It offers a comprehensive strategy for the City to accommodate sufficient housing at all income levels. The Housing Element has two main purposes:
- To provide an assessment of current and future housing needs for the next eight years.
- To establish housing goals, policies, and programs that address housing needs, reduce barriers to housing development, and ensure compliance with State legislation.
The Housing Element update must include the following:
- Community Needs Assessment: A complete analysis of the specific housing needs and an inventory of the resources and constraints relevant to addressing housing needs.
- Sites Inventory: An inventory of land suitable for residential development that could accommodate the City’s RHNA allocation.
- Constraints Analysis: An evaluation of governmental and nongovernmental barriers to housing production in Huntington Park.
- Goals, Policies, and Programs: Identification of specific policies and actions to implement the Housing Element.
Review Housing Element Chapters Revised November 14, 2023
The City of Huntington Park’s Housing Element was adopted on October 17, 2023. The City has made non-substantive changes to the adopted Housing Element to adjust Housing Action Plan program timeframes. The Housing Action Plan will be available for public comment until November 21, 2023. Please submit all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm November 21, 2023.
Documents for Public Hearing
Review Housing Element Chapters Revised August 3rd
Review Past Documents
Watch the video below to learn more about housing!